When you interact with us through the Site, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
Non-Identifiable Data: When you utilize the Site, we may receive certain personally non-identifiable information about your use of the Site. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. We may store such information ourselves or it may be included in databases owned and maintained by our affiliates, agents or service providers. We may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to the Site, the number of visitors to each page of the Site, and the domain names of our visitors' Internet service providers. It is important to note that no Personal Data is available or used in this process.
In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, we may conduct research on our end user’s demographics, interests and behavior based on the Personal Data and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregated data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
There are certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, including as set forth below:
- Business Transfers:As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event relating to all or a portion of our business, assets or this Site, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Service Providers, Agents and Related Third Parties:We sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we may need to provide them with access to certain Personal Data. However, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Legal Requirements:We may also disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
You can shop online or sign-up for a membership or seminar with confidence at www.herotalk.com, a secure web site. HEROTALK has partnered with Authorize.Net, a leading payment gateway since 1996, to offer safe and secure credit card transactions for our customers. HEROTALK does not store your credit card information.
The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the credit card processing networks (see an online payments diagram). Authorize.net adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
- Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
- Compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard.